AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow internet in my area/neighbourhood?

Question asked by beauregards on Feb 2, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 by shaw-tony

The internet in my area has been a problem, I just found out last night that my neighbour experiences the same problem as I. First I thought the problem was being on wifi so I had an appointment to get the coaxial activated in my room to get ethernet and this didn't solve the problem. So I thought it was the router, nope, bought a Netgear Nighthawk to try and use QoS and bandwidth limiting which did not solve the problem (Even with 17Mbps not in use to try and fix congestion). So finally hearing that my neighbour has been experiencing the exact same problem is great. Now I know that I've wasted a lot of time and money on something that I could never fix. Really frustrated and just want this to be fixed after dealing with this problem for years. Shaw said they split the node in my area (which took them almost a year to do), but that has not done much to help the congestion problem. Also I believe I'm scheduled to upgrade to Internet 120 from Broadband 50 today, but that would probably just be more of a waste of money since it won't fix my problem most likely. At this point would switching ISP's be a fix?

Outcomes