AnsweredAssumed Answered

No audio on some channels on Motorola DCT3416

Question asked by ponderer on Feb 1, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by shaw-matt

Often this DVR does not record sound, and when this occurs there is no sound on direct play, as opposed to recordings.  At the same time a second DVR connected to the same TV (both by HDMI cables) will have sound.  I have checked the audio settings in Setup and everything is as recommended in other threads.  Today there are several channels with no sound, nearly all of them US channels, and it occurs on both the regular digital and HiDef versions of the same channels, so I wonder if it has something to do with the feed.  In the past, I have unplugged the DVR so it will re-boot and the problem then disappears for weeks, only to return.  Recently, the sound level has been uneven across channels, with the one channel almost inaudible at low settings but, jumping to another channel,unbearably loud at the same setting.  The problem may relate to the fact that the DVR is nearly eight years old.  Is it possible that the memory chip is failing (since it works fine after re-booting) or that there is a problem processing the signal feed?  Otherwise the DVR works fine, so I would like to ensure that I have not missed some simple solution, before buying a replacement.

Outcomes