AnsweredAssumed Answered

Twitch Upload Issues

Question asked by ryno on Jan 27, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 by shaw-tony

Greetings,

I have been having issues this past month with my upload rates to Twitch. On average I am uploading around 900kbps instead of the advertised 10000kbps. I have the internet 120 package. The only reason I upgraded from our sweet Internet 100 package was up for the upgraded upload.

Troubleshooting I have done:

• Changed DNS Servers
  • DMZ my PC
  • Directly plugged into my modem (Currently bridged)
  • Tried my secondary and primary PC both have the same issue
  • Contacted Twitch and they reported zero issues. I confirmed this by testing it on my work PC which uses a different ISP.

What really adds complication is I think it might be localized to my area. I have a friend who's on Shaw and lives about 10 minutes away. He doesn't experience these issues. I even brought my streaming PC to test and it worked great. I have a feeling it has to do something with TCP 1935 (RTMP), either being throttled or dropped packets somewhere. These issues follow with other providers I have tested with being Youtube and Hitbox. I have noticed on these forums that some customers have experienced these exact same issues. I tried to talk to support via Chat now button and they basically chalk it up as "Not our problem". When in fact it is. If these services were experiencing any kind of global issues it would affect all customers.

With the attached screenshots its my Home ISP vs Work ISP. After two hops on Shaw it all drops off. While my work tends to go a bit further before reaching Twitch. You can also note the Return Time Trip (RTT) is significantly higher.

Thanks!

James

Attachments

Outcomes