AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem about cisco dpc3825 port forwarding

Question asked by yhaoquan@gmail.com on Feb 24, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 by shaw-tamara

Hi everyone, I recently found a weird bug in my cisco dpc3825 cable/router thing. The problem is, I tried to set up a port forward for my dlna server webui to control it remotely over internet, it is safe to expose to internet because it is password protected, image shown below is the only setting that I made under port forwarding:屏幕快照 2016-02-24 下午5.58.52.png

Everything worked properly until today when I go through my incoming connections log from a Network Monitor that I installed (I configured to automatically deny any incoming connection that I didn't put in the white list like port 23423 ), I found out it logged 200+ denied connections from ips located all around the world. Then i ran a port scan using a web-based tool and then found out my computer is completely exposed to the internet..屏幕快照 2016-02-24 下午5.59.24.png

Im running multiple remote softwares that I intended to use them under my home Wi-Fi network for convenience. I didn't set any forward for those ports nor dmz hosting, but they were all accessible from internet and I have NO IDEA how that happened. luckily it didn't cause any damage and  I'm now using another lan ip address. Can someone tell me how to solve this??

Outcomes