lesaonar

Shoddy billing practices...

Discussion created by lesaonar on Mar 2, 2016
Latest reply on May 29, 2017 by cartel

Don't know why I'm shocked that I was, essentially, blamed by a billing csr during a callback for having my account double billed for over $500.

Signed up for automatic withdrawl the day I ordered service. Nothing withdrawn in Jan and again in Feb, so I manually paid it on the 4th of Feb. An entire month for Shaw's billing dept to update the bill and withdraw the appropriate ammount. Nope. Too lofty an ideal for a major corporation to actually be able to keep it's billing up to date... So note to self, and others, it's your fault, if you want to keep your bill from incuring late payment fees and affecting your credit rating.

Thankfully I'm not in a tight financial situation, but something like this could severely impare people, like students and those that live paycheque to paycheque, from keeping their head above water.

Not impressed with the csr I dealt with, to insinuate, after explaining the details numerous times as well as it's possible financial impact, that this is my fault "well, if you'd never paid the bill manually, you wouldn't have this problem" is inexcusable.

Outcomes