AnsweredAssumed Answered

Intermittent Slow Internet

Question asked by delsey on Apr 12, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by shaw-don

We are suffering from intermittent slow internet. The typical pattern is that around this time of day (8-9 am pst) our internet is slow, with ping times in the 100's of ms and download speeds < 2mbs.

I have been through the process with shaw support - rebooting/connecting directly to the modem etc. This was a few weeks ago - I am sure its logged against my account somewhere. Connecting directly to the modem did NOT solve the problem. A tech was sent out, and we moved the modem and router and signal levels etc were checked, but the problem persists, occurring every few days or so.

I have started a log - we last noticed the problem 9am pst 4 april, and it has occurred again this morning (speed test results attached). This morning we are trying to participate in a online business webconference, which is impacted by the poor internet quality, and also means that I can't just go and connect to the router.

We work from home and run an online business so the internet connection is very important to us.

I will continue to keep a log and if I get the chance I will try to connect to the modem again - the frustration is that the problem is transient which makes it difficult to diagnose.

I had a couple of requests:

• Can Shaw run any additional diagnostics or ongoing monitoring on our connection for a period of time?
  • If the problem persists is there any mechanism to swap out the modem (I know its unlikely to be the cause but at least it would eliminate it from the analysis.)

Thanks.

Attachments

Outcomes