alilymis2

Ping spikes

Discussion created by alilymis2 on Jun 3, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2016 by shaw-don

Hi Im a Shaw user in Chestermere, AB. Im currently under the 120mb/s plan, and for the past 3 or 4 months, I havent gotten close to that in terms of service. Something as simple as Youtube constantly switches me into 240p, telling me my internet is not fast enough to run anything of higher quality. My girlfriend and I frequently attempt to play games like League of Legends and Battlefield4, the former Ive seen ping spikes as high as 570, and for BF4 Ive gone as high as 300. I was wondering if there was anyone looking into this on your side. I have restricted the devices on my network, going so far as to disable wifi entirely, and ive only seen the ping drop by about 15. I dont know HOW many times ive called in, getting such wonderful advice as "Can you reset your modem? that should fix everything". It does nothing. Im simply frustrated that I have to deal with such slow speeds, while paying for the highest plan, and get no credit towards my account in the slightest. Not even an apology. Ontop of that, there are MULTIPLE nights where we dont even have ANY internet, because something happened to the servers on your end and you will have techs coming to check it out sometime in the coming week. Honestly Shaw, thats not good enough. For 123 a month, I would like to expect you to deliver on your promises.

Outcomes