bmichaelb

I've had it with Shaw

Discussion created by bmichaelb on Jun 11, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 by frankrizzo

I've been with Shaw for nearly 2 years now, and have nothing but issues. From dreadfully slow speeds, to the connection being completely lost, with the modem trying to reconnect. This is after midnight.. so it's not a high usage period. Even youtube buffers like crazy. I'm paying $93 a month for Internet 60. When this first started happening, I was told they were doing upgrades in my neighbourhood. More than a year later, a maintenance guy comes out, and tries to tell me my connection is actually "too fast", and puts a filter in between my modem and the RG6 cable. He also says I live in a "thin cable" building. It was built in 1972, and the sheathing on the coax cable is only 1/8". That's not even RG6 or RG59.

How the hell can my signal be "too fast"? That's complete garbage.

And seeing in my monthly statement that they're increasing my bill by $2 a month, bumping my $93 a month to $95 a month.. for the same 60 Mbps download speed, 6 Mbps upload speed.. I might as well just go back to Telus.. 100 Mbps download speed, 20 Mbps upload speed, for the same $93 a month I was originally paying Shaw. It's a no-brainer.

I'm done Shaw... good riddance.

Outcomes