AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hitron CGNM-2250 and multiple Xbox Ones

Question asked by ancalagon on Jul 4, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 by kevinds

Hi there,

I read the post from here hitron cgnm-2250 xbox one nat moderate on how to help with the NAT problems that plague many Xbox One users. Which sends us to here: Port Forwarding the Hitron Technologies CGN3 Router for Xbox One. It mentions "Xbox One requires you to forward the 53,80,88,500,3074,3544,4500 ports." I followed this to a tee except for me there are 2 Xbox Ones so out of the 7 in that list, I put 4 as my Xbox One's IP and the other 3 as my girlfriend's IP from her Xbox One. After then following the proper rebooting etc. and re-signing back in to Xboxlive on both XB1's, the best I was going to get was moderate on mine and open on hers... Fair enough, this was better than strict for both. However, I turned them on this morning and now I was strict again so that seemed to be a temporary fix...Then I went back in to my router and deleted the 7 port forwarding I had added last night to see what would happen, rebooted everything and now I have moderate instead of strict! I am confused as to what to go with now as it seems to be random - first it seemed to work (sort of) then we're strict the next time we fire up the xboxes, then I delete what was supposed to help and it goes to moderate... Anybody know what my best option is here, we bought internet with the main and almost only purpose to game together at the same time. I read somewhere that there's the DMZ option but that looks like it would only be for one IP also...

Please, any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes