AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot log into Cisco DPC3825 Modem

Question asked by soso406 on Jul 8, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2018 by kevinds

Hi, when I first setup the modem, I have changed the modem to bridge mode, disabled WiFi because I already have a WiFi router, I have also changed the IP address of the modem to 192.168.0.8 because my router is already using 192.168.0.1, also changed the cusadmin password. So everything worked for many years until now that my WiFi router is acting up so I want to reconfigure the 3825 to a WiFi router to replace the old router. Here are the problems

1. I can't connect to the router using 192.168.0.8, it doesn't exist on the network

2. I reset the modem to factory default (holding down the reset button for 15 sec)

3. Managed to find the IP of the router which is now 192.168.100.1

4. Managed to open the log in page of the modem

5. When tried to log in using the ID and password listed on the modem label, nothing happens. Also tried the password I have assigned before still not opening. I noticed that if I enter anything other than the user ID and password on the label, it will return with incorrect username or password, but if I use the user ID and password on the label, no error message, just won't open the page.

Using a bogus username and password

Using the username and password on the label

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes