momahdi1

Exterme ping spikes while playing anything online on my xbox one

Discussion created by momahdi1 on Aug 29, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 by shaw-lance

For the last three weeks or so I have been dealing with extereme ping spikes while playing anything online on my xbox one  I can play one match for example in halo 5 without any issues, but the next match or later matches.My ping spikes really high to over 1000ms or even 2000ms looking at the xbox one's network statistics when this happens and my upload speed also drops to a really low value like 0.15mb when this happens. My connection used to work pretty well before experiencing these ping spikes. 

For some proof of these ping spikes here are some images.

I did a traceroute the instant these ping spikes occurred recently and here is what I got

I also tracerouted the xbox one's Ip address when the most recent ping spike occurred and I got 303ms and 1ms repsectively if I recall. 

And here's the xbox one's network statistics page when the ping spikes occur.Also,  my upload speed drops from 0.50mb  a really low number like seen in the below image when these ping spikes occur.

These ping spikes started with the hitron router a few weeks ago and I never experienced any ping spikes with any other shaw router before the hitron one. 

Outcomes