bostonbob

No New HD Channels On The Way

Discussion created by bostonbob on Sep 5, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 by shaw-tamara

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I thought frustrated SHAW customers looking for more HD selection would be interested in this news. Last week I called SHAW to check on something for a friend and afterwards I asked the CSR if they had any news about SHAW adding a new CW affiliate in HD to replace WGN which is now an independant station. The CSR said that she hadn't heard anything but then asked if she could put me on hold so she could ask her Supervisor. Taking a chance I asked her if I could speak to her Supervisor instead and the CSR asked her Supervisor who agreed to talk to me. After the Supervisor told me that she hadn't heard anything about SHAW replacing WGN with another CW channel in HD she told me something that I'm sure none of us here will be happy with. She made it clear that this was completely unofficial but that the general consensus at this time is that SHAW will not be adding any more HD channels until the whole Pick & Pay thing has been figured out and finalized. She said that hopefully some new HD channels would be added soon after but of course there was no guarantee of that either. She ended our conversation by saying that she was sure that this was news that I didn't want to hear and she was right. 

Outcomes