bskitmor

Spam Filtering Invalid

Discussion created by bskitmor on Sep 18, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 by shaw-harvey

I recently made the mistake of engaging Shaw chat for help with an obscure spam problem.  I have recently been using an Open Source Desktop Publishing product (Scribus 1.4.6) to produce a newsletter that I edit here in Kelowna.  All went well for a while, published a PDF from Scribus and was able to email to test recipients.  Then the PDF starting getting tagged as spam and could not be sent out by me or received by any Shaw mail box:  no problem with sending it Gmail to Gmail or Gmail to non_Shaw addresses.  After several hours of debugging the problem seemed to be caused by a large text box -- not by suspect content (e.g. web links) but by a surfeit of embedded formatting content (styles, font changes etc.).  I eventually switched the whole publication to MS Publisher because so many of my correspondents are Shaw-based.  A steep learning curve but at least the PDF now seems portable.  Curious to know if anyone out there has a clue as to what might cause embedded formatting to get a PDF tagged as spam:  no problem viewing the offending document in the Adobe PDF viewer and no problem sending it to a Shaw sjrb account.

Very frustrating couple of days to get this sorted!!

Outcomes