I've been having multiple issues with the Pace DC758D that require me to reboot the system once or twice a week.
- When the PVR turns itself on for a scheduled recording, there is no audio. The audio comes back if the unit is turned off and on again, but this not an acceptable solution because the recording is interrupted.
- The PVR falsely states the storage (500 GB expander) is 100% full even though the list of recordings is empty. Power cycling the Pace fixes the problem.
- The Pace unit doesn't detect the expander and says the DVR feature is unavailable. The procedure in the reset guide fixes the problem until it returns a week later.
- The signal will "black out" (no audio or video) after 10 seconds. The problem persists across every channel and will go away once the Pace unit is rebooted.
- The recordings are incomplete. For example, a one hour show may only have the first 13 minutes recorded. There is plenty of disk space available and no one was home at the time, so the recording wasn't cancelled by a user.
The problems are all intermittent, but they seem to be happening more frequently over time. Is the Pace DC758D known to have these problems or is my unit defective? I don't remember exactly how old it is, but I've had it for at least 6 years.