AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cable outage alerts

Question asked by seymourhill on Feb 9, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 by shaw-lance

Shaw needs to update the service alerts page when there is an outage. !!!!!!

Cable has been out in sooke bc for about 2 hours and before that terrible pixelation on all channels.

Shaw IS aware of the problem because after 20mins on hold for support on phone the messge finally came on advising of ths issue.  I understand weather can cause issues, but it would be nice to know quickly about it.

I have spent over 20 years in technical support at a large corporation affecting many thousands of customers, and one of the FIRST things we did when we had a major outtage was post a message online with info advising that there was a problem and that we were working on it.

COME ON SHAW IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE OR TWO TO POST AN ALERT MESSAGE AND IT ALSO HAS THE BENEFITS OF CUTTING DOWN THE CALL VOLUME TO YOUR OVERWORKED FRONTLINE STAFF WHILE KEEPING YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED. !!!!!!!!!!!!

even as I type this the cable has come back on, yet the service alert page still advises all is well in the shaw world and there are no outages, and this is the normal way of doing things at shaw and not just this isolated incident.

Get with the program and use the technology that has been around for many many years

A very pissed off customer. !!!

Outcomes