kryptnk.

Latency/ping spike issues on the Hitron CGNM-2250

Discussion created by kryptnk. on Apr 14, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2017 by pharrow

Are there any updates on the latency/ping spike issues on the Hitron CGNM-2250 modems? I moved to another city recently and signed up for Internet 150. Both downstream and upstream speeds are excellent throughout the day, but I am very disappointed with the well-publicized ping/latency spikes that impacting my Hitron modem (and all other modems with the defective Intel Puma 6 chipset) that is ruining my gaming experience. I play FPS (Overwatch and BF1), and having a connection with low latency/stable ping is key.

I had been using Internet 60 on the older Cisco DPC3825 before my move for numerous years, and it had been rock solid. Tech support told me that it is possible to trade my Hitron in at a retail location for the older Cisco DPC3825, but I was advised that I will have to be downgraded to Internet 25 with absolutely no other options (she said she doesn't have the codes to provision it to Internet 30+). Is this really the case? I find this hard to believe as I was on Internet 60 on the Cisco with no issues.

Outcomes