AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why can't I order and view SHAW video on demand tv programs in hd?

Question asked by monty on Feb 16, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2013 by [shaw]jeff

I recently purchased the DCX 3510-M pvr on the statement fron Shaw that "this is what you require to access on demand high def programming" my tv is a plasma in 720p with hdmi connections, I was told this should not matter.  I am a shaw friends member.

Upon reviewing some of the discussion threads, one stated from kevinds  "see if you have channel 266", something about mpeg4 and being set to 1080, I don't have channel 266, my service area is Parksville BC.   Have I been sold a box of lies? will I ever be able to use my equipment to view on demand tv? The picture from on demand SD programs I have tried watching on this service is darker than regular on air SD programming, basically terrible. Not to mention never in 16:9.  I have wasted hours waiting and talking to reps that obviously don't have answers.  I can't begin to tell you how many times I have rebooted this device by request from the shaw reps, or ordered from the on demand website only to not have it work. 

PLEASE!!  Help by giving me the facts and what it will take for me to access this service. Thanking anyone in advance.

Outcomes