jimwebb

Auto Extend Feature

Discussion created by jimwebb on May 26, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 by majyk

I've reported quite a few bugs surrounding BlueSky TV, but this one feature is killer for sure and deserves some credit.  If you don't know about it, if you are recording an event that states it is Live in the title, it will auto extend the recording as required.  I can't confirm, maybe a Shaw employee can here, but I believe it only currently works for sporting events.  I've had two playoff hockey games go long and the auto extend feature worked like a charm.  It won't stay with the game until all coverage is over, but you'll be sure to see the OT goal at the very least instead of missing all of OT without this feature and not extending the recording yourself.

The really nice thing about this feature is you don't have to worry about extending live sports events at all or try to figure out how long it might go.  The box will take care of it for you.  Just used it successfully last night for the Pens/Sens game.  The regular recording time actually would have ended just before regulation time was done, but instead, I got both OT periods and the game winner.

Awesome feature.

Outcomes