shaw_user

To anyone affected by Shaw's August 1 2017 price increase:

Discussion created by shaw_user on Jun 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 by stosser

I just had a productive conversation with someone in Shaw's customer retention department.

They were able to reduce my bill by more than what the new rate would have been on Aug 1, without signing up for a 2 year "value plan" contract.  For that I would like to express my sincerest gratitude.

The reason I am making this post is to try leave some feedback to whoever made the decision to raise the rates yet again!

As a long time Shaw customer, rate increases are unfortunately not new to me.  However, this latest stunt of "Sign up for a 2 year contract by Aug 1 or pay more!"  amounts to extortion.  What happened to the company that used to advertise "No Contracts"?  Now you expect people to pay a premium simply to continue forward without one?  What a slap in the face that is to everyone who chose to be loyal to Shaw without a legally binding agreement.  Shame on you!

I implore anyone who will be affected by the August 1, 2017 price increase not to give in and sign up for any long term contract.  As I have demonstrated, you can be further money ahead without doing so.  At this point, I just want to send a message to the person(s) hiding behind all the call center staff, forum moderators and other front-line support who made this decision.  I have never been so close to terminating my services with Shaw as this.  Of all the ways to try and make up for lost money, this is what you came up with?  Your bad decision making is a detriment to Shaw, and Shaw would be better off without employing your services.

Outcomes