AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about wireless

Question asked by fysty-1 on Jul 24, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2017 by fysty-1

I have a question that has nagged me for some time & I have even talked to techs both mobile or on the phone with no clarification. 

I am an older person who has a good electronic sense. When I was young (early 50's), we had one of the first tv's on the lower mainland of B.C. In those days, we used rabbit ears for reception. Now correct me if I am wrong, but is that not wireless? Later every house had antennae on the roof (again wireless), but the we get cable & we all cheered because of much better reception. Many people went to those flying saucer sized dishes for supposed better reception. 

To my point, if we can have wireless Internet access in our homes, & out on our travels, & electronic hardware is getting smaller & smaller, then why in this world can nobody come up with wireless coaxial routing? In my living room, I have 30' of coaxial cable to connect my TV to the cable. In my bedroom I have my TV within 12" of cable outlet but would like to move my TV across the room  (<>9'), but have no clear way to run the cable. 

I think that in this day and age, there should be a way to watch our TV's without being tied to bloody cables. How come we can erect an antenna to pickup signals wireless but not with a cable?  

Outcomes