AnsweredAssumed Answered

Accessing admin page for Hitron CGNM-2250

Question asked by darrybob on Aug 15, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 by darrybob

I have a Hitron CGNM-2250 router/cable modem that was originally set up by Charter Spectrum cable company and I need to reconfigure the router through the admin page.  I had no luck accessing the router admin page, so I reset it back to factory specs.  The interesting thing though is that resetting it, it is assigning a gateway of 192.168.44.1 and assigned my computer 192.168.44.2.  All of the documentation I have found say that the correct ip address of the router should be 192.168.0.1.  I get replies when I ping the router at 192.168.44.1, but when I type this address in my browser it just keeps telling me it is not found.

After resetting the router to factory specs, I am able to log in to WiFi using CGNM-EAB8 (the model CGNM and almost the last four of the CM MAC address which is EAB0 and the WAN MAC address which is EAB3).  I use the serial number of the router/modem as the password to log on.  This works fine and I have full internet access, I just can't log on to the admin page of the router.  I also tried using 192.168.0.1 and forcing the ip address on my computer to 192.168.0.2 but this also did not work.

Any ideas about what I need to do to regain control of the router?  I have 14 more of these same router/modems that I use around my summer resort that will also have to be re-setup once I figure out how to access the admin page.

Thanks for your assistance!

Darian

Outcomes