spiggy_topes

Some Plus, Some Minus..

Discussion created by spiggy_topes on Aug 26, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 by mark_vse

Just subscribed to BlueSky a couple of days ago, and have enjoyed the experience for the main part, but there are a few things that I miss from the old box.

1 - No external hard drive; I know a lot of people have mentioned this, but I figure the more people do, the better the chance it might change. I seem to recall that external drives were not supported initially on the old boxes, so maybe there's hope.

2 - Thanks for the "Free to Me" option for the guide! That's a real improvement over the previous iteration.

3 - No "Switch" button; no longer possible to switch to a second tuner with 30 minutes of buffered content. It was simpler than having to record on both, but I guess that's gone for good. 

4 - Second press of the Guide button used to switch to a vertical listing of the selected channel. Now I don't see that as an option available from anywhere. If it is, I'd really like to know, as it made skimming through a favourite channel much easier.

5 - I have reset the page up and down buttons to 30 seconds, but with the old box it was possible to do both 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Would be nice to have that option back. I don't see any functionality to the A/B/C/D buttons; is it possible to reprogram them?

Outcomes