mike0687

Button Functions on BlueSky Remote

Discussion created by mike0687 on Sep 13, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2017 by pokee99

As a new subscriber to BlueSky (2 months) I can help but notice that I have to press remote keys 5 to 10 times more often than with my last provider.  The batteries that came with the first remote only lasted a month as compared to a year on my old remote.  The fast forward being 30 second increments is a killer.  If you are flipping through a boring show like America's Got Talent, you have to flip 100 times just in one episode.  

The fast forward button needs ahead at least 60 seconds or even 2 minutes, and the back, 30 to 60 seconds. Most other operations take 3-4 button presses.   Shaw  needs to do a serious study on the viewing habits of their users so the buttons default to the most common logical patterns by default, since there appears to be not enough buttons to access all the features.   It seems all I do is press buttons all evening.  It's a bit of a drag.

They would also do well to get rid of or greatly simplify the speed bar that pops up every time one presses a directional button.  While it is helpful sometimes, It's mostly annoying.

Outcomes