AnsweredAssumed Answered

Guide is wrong or incomplete so PVR doesn't record series recordings. Missing episodes all the time, why can't they update the program guide?

Question asked by jackieandtom on Dec 27, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 by shaw-don

Multiple times over the last few months, I've set up series recording for new tv series, only to discover when I try to get all caught up that I've missed episodes because, as near as I can tell, the episode descriptions aren't listing it as a "new" episode (Runaways for example) therefore it doesn't get recorded. In fact, it doesn't say whether it's a repeat or anything at all, there is simply a generic description, or, in some cases (i.e. Travellers) it lists a description that has NOTHING to do with the program at all.  Then, I'll try to see if it's available on-demand only to discover that it's already gone. (I like to binge watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time).  Why is there no quality control over the program listings to ensure that they are correct?  Even if the information is offered by a third party service, Shaw should be able to require that there is a certain level of accuracy in the data. Very frustrating.

Outcomes