firetown

Watching recordings on multiple tvs

Discussion created by firetown on Jan 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 by shaw-don

So have had bluesky for about one week.  pretty neat product over gateway. I have never used the voice features in my car and was wondering if I would like the voice remote. I do love it so far. Integration with Netflix is a winner. I have set page up and down to 30 SECONDS and so far everything is working. Bonus is i got a deal that reduced my monthly bill by about 60% in the first year and 40% in the second year. 

Now to my issue. I got one tv box and a portal upstairs and another tv box and a portal in the basement. I used voice to set up my recordings and I can see all the scheduled recordings on all 4 tvs. Programs get recorded and I can see the recordings in the 2 upstairs tvs. Am unable to see recorded programs in downstairs tvs. I manually record a program downstairs and it does not show upstairs. Looks like they are not linked together however I can see scheduled recordings on all tvs. Called Shaw tech and went through numerous reboots but issue unresolved. Finally was told that there needs to be a complete system reboot which takes hours to set up. This probably happened when I was asleep, but did not resolve the issue. Has anybody had this issue and what was the resolution. I am planning to call tech again however I would like to avoid spending one hour on line if there is a quick fix. Thanks.

Outcomes