AnsweredAssumed Answered

4K availability on Blue sky

Question asked by blueblazer on Jan 6, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 by shaw-harvey

Hi there,

I just relocated from Maple Ridge to Port Moody December 1st, 2017. 

I was with Telus in Maple Ridge but the building I've moved into is not 'Telus ready' so I couldn't transfer my services. So, I switched to Shaw and  signed up for the max account one can get with BlueSky TV and internet. 

Upon moving I thought it was time to upgrade my TV from a 55" Samsung HD unit and purchased a new 65" Sony UHD 4K Smart TV.

Just yesterday, while preparing to watch the World Junior Hockey Championship game between Canada & Sweden, the TSN announcer said that the game was available in 4K.

I then looked over the channels that were broadcasting the game and couldn't find anything available. So, I contacted a Shaw assistant via the online chat tool, because the game had available in 4K, and was told, very much to my surprise, that the game wasn't available in 4K through Shaw.

I was astounded and very disappointed. 4K has been out for at least 2 or 3 years and Shaw is no small tadpole type of company. I signed up for their latest and greatest system and while I get a deal for the first 6 months, I'm still paying top dollar for the latest and greatest service available and SHAW CANT PROVIDE THAT THROUGH THEIR SYSTEM!?!?!? Seriously.... WTF!?!?

The assistant in the online chat did tell me that Netflix is available in 4K. Really? That's swell! But the game that I wanted to view, our national sport and our country playing in the finals of a world championship, being broadcast by a national sports broadcaster in 4K.... wasn't on via Netflix.

Shaw.... seriously.... everything has been ok so far for the most part but please, you are not a small regional provider. Get it together and provide a standard of service your customers not only demand but DESERVE!!!

Thanks

Outcomes