canada_1

Considering pulling the plug on Shaw...

Discussion created by canada_1 on Jan 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2018 by cpmrich36

On Monday, January 15th, 2018 at approximately 1500 hours I was on the phone with a Shaw representative inquiring about changing my Television, Home Phone and Internet package. I was on the phone for approximately 90 minutes, either on hold or talking to a representative. At this time I was being transferred to another department when I was disconnected. It was pretty frustrating knowing how long it took me to get to that point in the call and then be disconnected, but these things can happen. I then contacted Shaw again and this time I spoke with another representative for approximately 90 more minutes. We had settled on a Television, Home Phone and Internet package that was right for me. The Shaw representative had locked in the package price for me and she put me on hold to fill out the necessary information on their end. I was on hold with this representative for approximately 5-10 minutes during this time. When the Shaw representative returned, they stated that there was a glitch in the system and that all of the information about the new package we agreed to was lost in this glitch. I was absolutely baffled by this and frustrated but remained polite and courteous after spending hours on the phone with Shaw representatives. The Shaw representative repeatedly apologized for this glitch and that they would call me back. I thought to myself I've been on the phone for so long with Shaw, why would we not be able to finish what we had started knowing exactly what I wanted and what we had agreed to; that made no sense to me. Approximately half an hour later, I receive a phone call from the same Shaw representative stating that there was a glitch in the system and that the contract price we had agreed upon was now $40 more per month. I then told the Shaw representative that I was going to change carriers for my Television, Home Phone and Internet as I felt that I was being given the runaround, which they didn't seem to care about. The following day I received a Shaw Customer Experience Survey, which was a slap in the face. As a loyal Shaw customer of 25 years, I am considering pulling the plug on Shaw.

Outcomes