finagle

Video freezing

Discussion created by finagle on Feb 9, 2018
Latest reply on May 14, 2018 by jeffreyallen

I've experienced this problem once every week or two.  I'll try to change the channel or access the guide or be returning from the apps and the video will freeze on a frame.  Sometimes it happens if the screen saver has been on.  The audio will keep playing but the video is stuck on a single frame of whatever channel it had been tuned.  I can access all the menus and guides and they still appear on the screen.  I can change the channel but only the audio changes the video remains stuck.  I can access Netflix but only the menu will appear. If I play something on Netflix I get audio but the video is still the same frame at which it got stuck.  If I then exit Netflix, the video is still stuck.  This has happened to me on the dvr box.

If it's recording at the time, it continues to record.  I had a show recording when the video hung.  I waited until the recording stopped before using the restart option on the help page.  When I checked the recording, it had recorded the entire program, even the portion after the video hung on the screen.

I've tried changing the input on my TV, powering it off, disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cables, switching the HDMI ports.  The same image remains frozen after I go back to the HDMI input or power the tv on.

The only way to fix it is to use the restart option on the help page.  That's very inconvenient since it takes at least 2 to 3 minutes to restart.

Any fix or quicker way to reset the video?

Outcomes