reillywood

Bluesky vs Optik

Discussion created by reillywood on Feb 18, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 by kjsingh97

I'm currently a Gateway subscriber (including internet and phone), it's costing me about $200 per month to cover 4 TVs (including various themes).

I'm looking at replacing this with either Bluesky or Telus Optik.  From what I can tell, there are some pros and cons to each, some people love Bluesky, others Optik.  Some are disappointed when they switch to either from the other.  All-in-all, it seems that people prefer Bluesky generally but also prefer the multitude of Optik HD channels and the 4K PVR.  Probably lots of other pros/cons could be mentioned.

I've been with Shaw for years and happy enough with the service and features.  But changing to Bluesky looks to give me more features for less (even with the rental costs) and Optik seems to have a similar value point that's even less expensive (made even sweeter with the $500 credit/gift card). 

There are several posts about each of these with various people's opinions, so maybe my question doesn't add anything to the mix.  However, I'm wondering if there are now even more people who have used both (or at least investigated both) to provide additional comments/insight/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes