AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insane packet loss ONLY when streaming to Twitch

Question asked by hjune on Mar 12, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 by chadohman

Hey, so I stream on a broadcasting website called Twitch.

Since 5 days ago, every time I stream I get about 70% packet loss. I've been streaming for months and months with no issues. I have the 150/15 package, and I had better speeds when I had a 15/5 package. This only happens when I'm trying to connect to twitch servers. I use wired connection not wifi.

I called SHAW support on phone and they told me everything was fine, had no idea what I was even talking about, and told me to go contact Twitch.

Same thing occured when I went to the live chat.

I contacted Twitch partner support and they told me there's nothing they can do and told me to contact ISP.

Just like the fellow that made the post before me, there is nothing wrong with my computer. Nothing wrong with my modem. I've read pretty much every piece of information there is on the internet about this issue. I've done speed tests (normal).

I've been trying to fix this or even find the source of the problem with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can provide more screenshots and detail about the issue to help track the problem through dm.

Thank you.

Outcomes