AnsweredAssumed Answered

Horrible modems and how to fix them? No really... How?

Question asked by vovanplo on Apr 10, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 by shaw-shaun

Howdy, I have had internet with you for close to 2 years now. My family for about 15. Everything has been great until I moved to Vancouver. Then you guys really screwed up and started billing me in Calgary and Vancouver. Then you threatened collections while I was completely unaware of the 2nd bill that I am supposed to pay, then you cancelled my deal for shaw 150 and charged me 130 dollars per month. I was willing to let that go since the mistake was fixed. I am a patient guy....

I have internet shaw 150. 2 reasons - I work in web development and I am a gamer.

In the past couple of days the internet has been shutting down mid games, and it was fine at first, but today the problem escalated. I have had 6 disconnects in 1 night. I am over my limit with patience... Either your hardware is being sub-par or your service. I am assuming the modem that you guys are issuing to your customers is an issue as per all discussions in this forum. 

I am really trying to like you guys... but you are making it very very difficult. Another person in my situation would have dropped you after the moving mix-up. But I gave you a chance, and now this... 

I have gone through the whole power cycle reset. I have restarted modem. I have checked ethernet cable and its fine. Give me a viable solution please... I don't want to go through the inconvenience of changing an ISP but i am getting my hands tied here. Should I buy a new modem? 

Outcomes