AnsweredAssumed Answered

What happened with 3510 updates that screwed it up?

Question asked by dhuhtala on Apr 19, 2018
Latest reply on May 5, 2018 by dhuhtala

This was never the most stable PVR Shaw has had but this one is suddenly going downhill very quickly! There are more problems than I can keep track of but now with the latest updates there are a couple of really annoying problems and I'm wondering if other people have the same problem.

1) Every time you delete an episode of a recording, the PVR takes you to the top of the list and you have to scroll down to find where you were. The several Walking Dead episodes I had to delete took a very long time - I have dozens of recordings so this new behaviour is annoying and a really bad decision! Is this by design?  Why?!?

2) Fast forward jump ahead is gone? I used to be able to fast forward and then hit the skip-ahead button to jump ahead by about 30 minutes. That functionality appears to be gone now. Which is annoying when the PVR keeps resetting my in-progress viewings back to the beginning of a 2 hour show.  It takes a really long time to fast forward 2 hours...!

I've never seen a stable PVR box yet...I'm starting to understand why people are cutting the cord...Netflix and other streaming services have some issues but nowhere near as many as the half dozen PVRs I've bought from Shaw over the last decade. Why is this so hard to make work?

Anybody else seeing these problems?

Thanks.

Outcomes