AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is up with my cable box

Question asked by igmiller1 on May 19, 2018
Latest reply on May 19, 2018 by shaw-don

Dear Shaw.   For the past month or so I have noticed a very annoying issue with my DCX 3200 Box. It is currently set so only the channels I subscribe to are displayed. However, often when I key in one of my channels ( either directly or using the up and down channel button) I receive the following message: NOT SUBSCRIBED...press OK to continue. The only way the channel will display is by going back to another channel and entering it again. As this is happening between 20 to 40 times a day it has become intolerable. I think my current box is defective. How do I arrange a replacement.? As I am not often home for a service call I would prefer to come into a Shaw location and exchange my box for one that works properly. For your information I have done the following. I have power cycled my box at least 20 times in the past month or so and I have also had Shaw chat agents reset the box several times. I have also checked all connections and replaced the coaxial cable from the wall outlet to the box. Please advise. Thank you.

Outcomes