AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hitron CGNM-2250 Software Version 4.5.11.9.1

Question asked by slivy58 on May 13, 2018
Latest reply on May 26, 2018 by slivy58

Anyone have info as to when the Hitron received the update as shown in the title?

The reason I ask is that my HP printer that has been connected to the Hitron wirelessly for a reasonably long time no longer connects (a fa, also had a brand new printer (same model) I pulled out of the box yesterday and it too cannot connect. Also tried a WiFi security cam that once worked and nope, no can do. Try as I might it was a fail fail fail.

After much deductive testing, and hair pulling, I came to the conclusion an update has now limited the encryption methods/settings available on 2.4G needed to support older devices (5G still supports them which is weird). Verified this by looking back at an old Hitron User Guide and yup, no longer available in my settings. If encryption is set to "OPEN" on 2.4G devices connect no problem. Also have no problem connecting to my other service providers gateway because those setting missing on the Hitron still exist there.

Any idea if these settings will ever be reimplemented on 2.4G - I'm guessing highly unlikely? Looks to me we'll need to find another viable solution other than bridging the Hitron whilst adding a 3rd party router.

Outcomes