bostonbob

Opinions on New Bundled Plan

Discussion created by bostonbob on Jun 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 by bostonbob

With the rates going up on June 1st I called the Customer Loyalty Department last week to see if there was any way to lower my monthly bill. To be honest - I wasn't expecting very much as I was already on the lowest Internet plan ( Internet 5 ) and had basic home phone so I knew the only cutback would be to my TV package. The person I dealt with ( Fiona from Vancouver ) was super nice and very easy to deal with. She ended up giving me what I think is a pretty good 2-year deal.

My old bundle looked like this:

Personal TV + Best of HD TV

Internet 5

Basic Home Phone ( includes voice mail and is $ 10/ month for life )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few monthly promotions it came to a total of just over $ 138/month including taxes. This total was going to go up to about $ 146/month starting in June.

My new bundle includes:

Medium TV ( Limited TV + 8 Theme packs )

Internet 15

Basic Home Phone ( includes voice mail and is $ 10/ month for life )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few monthly promotions it comes to a total of just under $ 134/month including taxes. I'm not crazy about agreeing to a 2-year deal but at least the price won't change for the next 24 months.

So I ended up losing 2 or 3 channels that I watched fairly regularly but nothing that I will miss terribly. Any opinions on this new deal ???? Did I get a great deal or just an OK deal ????

Outcomes