Jump to solution

Freerange tv is available on Apple TV

Not applicable

When will Shaw FreeRange TV app be available on Apple TV?  Competition looks to be there already. 

Updated Sept 25, 2018 I found this answer in another Shaw question and thought I would share it here as well
**If you go to https://freerange.shaw.ca on a Mac computer and sign in, you can then access freerange tv and then link to Apple TV with airplay to watch the shows and movies on your HDTV.  It does not quite fill the screen, but it is still very much better than watching on iPhone,iPad , iMac or Macbook.

Bell on various Apple devices including Apple TV.

Bell Fibe app for Apple TV on .ca website

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: When will freerange tv be available on Apple TV

shaw-eva
Shaw Squad

Hi tc10,

At this time we do not have updates on whether this feature will be available

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-eva
Shaw Squad

Hi tc10,

At this time we do not have updates on whether this feature will be available

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Andrew9013
Grasshopper

I want FreeRange TV for the Apple TV As well.

Jump to solution

rickatk
Master

Please add Free Range TV to Apple TV.

Jump to solution

rickatk
Master

I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Apple TV and 24 in TV for the kitchen. I was unable to get cable access to the kitchen without making a mess as the walls are covered in glass tiles and the counter top is granite. I am moving soon to a new kitchen with the what apears to have the same restrictions. So I will be setting up the TV and Apple TV in the new kitchen. Viewing options are pretty good, certainly the Global app offers good live tv options including the news. There are a few other apps such as City TV and CBC. Unfortunately for 24 hr News Network, CBC requires an upgrade to premium, which is surprising as CBC is supposed to be a public broadcaster.

My wife is happy to get the Global programming in the kitchen. Too bad CHEK TV hasn’t done anything with a live TV app. 

At any any rate while I have settled on BlueSky for live tv, demand tv, recorded tv and streaming tv all of which are working very well, I still have to rely on Apple TV for live tv viewing in the kitchen. 

Feature requests:

1. Wireless BlueSky terminals.

2. Make Free Range TV available for Apple TV.

Jump to solution

Not applicable

I'd like to see it available on the Xbox One as well.

Jump to solution

Hi,   Any update on this?    TC10

tc10
Grasshopper

Hi,

Any update on this? 

TC10

Jump to solution

Not really a great solution! The Free Range app, running...

rickatk
Master

Not really a great solution! The Free Range app, running on Apple TV is a real solution. Pushing boundaries even further the Free Range app on other platforms like Samsung Tizen OS would be really great...no more terminals. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee to have a live tv app like Free Range on my Samsung TV or Apple TV. Now that would be a great solution.

Jump to solution

At this time, the BlueCurve TV app is available for iOS a...

shaw-valerie

@tc10 At this time, the BlueCurve TV app is available for iOS and Android, and can be accessed via a web browser here (Flash required). 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

All other providers have a native App on Apple TV, includ...

SchroederCrew
Grasshopper

All other providers have a native App on Apple TV, including Fibe TV and others.  If you wish to keep customers with Shaw using devices such as this, having BlueCurve TV for Apple TV / Fire TV would be key...

TALK TO US
We're here to help