kingdp77

WiFi modem US light blinking/No internet

Discussion created by kingdp77 on Jul 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 by shaw-tony

About 3 to 4 months ago my WiFi modem started acting strange. My devices would stay connected to the WiFi but they would say "No Internet". I looked at my modem to see if any of the lights were off or blinking so I could troubleshoot. The Power and DownStream lights were lit, the UpStream light was blinking and all the other lights were off. I left the modem to sit to see if it would fix it self and it did but not for long about 10min go by and the modem is back to its not working state. Six hours of the modem going from a working state to a state where the Power and DS lights are lit and the US light is blinking back and forth. It starts working finally in the late afternoon. The next day the same thing happens but to a less degree again the next day and the day after that. Then about two weeks go by with the WiFi working normally and starts acting up again. I call Shaw and describe what happened they tell me that the problem is the wireless channel settings. At the time I didn't think it would fix the problem by changing the wireless channel because my Phone modem has the same problem, Power and DS lights lit and US light blinking. I also got a free wifi modem upgrade which was also said to fix the problem. None of these fixed the problem. I just want my wifi to work can someone please help me. 

Outcomes