AnsweredAssumed Answered

VPN services for geoblocking?

Question asked by jcostello1975 on Jul 31, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 by befordentsmo

I've been considering trying to set up one of the few VPN services that claim to support access to various programs/services in the US (e.g. Netflix) that are compromised due to geo-blocking. 

I gave up with everyone else when the DNS service providers became ineffectual, but I am now battling a life limiting illness and having access to really great tv shows, etc., can help make things more bearable. I would be fine with paying the additional $4 per month as I don't think IP Passthrough would permit the sort of set up I have been considering. Unfortunately, I tried testing one of the VPN services just on my Android and it doesn't seem like the VPN service is working. In the case of Netflix, I first thought it was due to detection of a Canadian credit card but even when I used PayPal, I could not connect. 

I know tech support can't help with setting up this sort of thing, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if they know of people who have successfully accessed sites like Netflix. I am still somewhat curious if I could set things up at the router level, but definitely don't have the energy to invest in a hopeless endeavor. If tech support and/or forum users have any general feedback about these VPN services, I'd be grateful.

Outcomes