Arris XB6 Ethernet Port speeds

Not applicable

Does the Arris XB6 have gigabit ethernet ports?  I can only seem to connect at 100mb

7 Replies

Re: Arris XB6 Ethernet Port speeds

shaw-tony

Hey sapphica,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. The XB6 modem has Gigabit ports. If you are subscribed to Internet 150 or 300, you should be receiving those speeds. Is your ethernet card gigabit enabled and running at full duplex? Are you noticing the same slow speeds over WiFi?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Arris XB6 Ethernet Port speeds

Not applicable

Yes they are gigabit ports.

If you are only connecting at 100 mbps, something else is going on.

Check the device you are connecting to the modem..  Will it's wired adapter support 1000 mbps?  Check that the Ethernet cable has all 4 pairs connected and doesn't just use 2 pairs (I have a couple cables like that), otherwise check for a damaged cable - easier to try a different cable though.

Is the device set to force 100 mbps only?

What are you connecting to the modem?  Which operating system?

Are you certain both ethernet ports are gigabit? The Hitr...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

Are you certain both ethernet ports are gigabit? The Hitron only had one gigabit and the others were 10/100. The scarcity of information and lack of transparency for this modem is concerning. 

0 Kudos

The BlueCurve Gateway modem indeed has two gigabit enable...

shaw-tony

@Upfront6891 The BlueCurve Gateway modem indeed has two gigabit enabled ports. As for the Hitron, I previously had one and all ports recognized as gigabit enabled (all PCs were getting 170 Mbps+ on Internet 150). Are you having trouble with the second port?

0 Kudos

I am no

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

I am no

0 Kudos

I am not having any issues with the second ethernet port...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

I am not having any issues with the second ethernet port but the devices connected don't need 300+ Mbps speeds.

My rationale is because the Hitron has listed the one port as a gigabyte port and the BlueCurve only has two ports (which is a shocker) the other port also might 100 Mbps max (to cut costs).

0 Kudos

I am also having the same problem. I am capped at 100Mbps...

crasucks
Grasshopper

I am also having the same problem. I am capped at 100Mbps when I should be seeing an easy 300Mbps

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help