Fixed my ping issues after 2 years

Not applicable

By switching to Telus 50. Ping cut in less than half for every game, no constant packet loss. It took 4 technicians trying to actively lie and deceive me about what the problem is instead of actually diagnosing it themselves. I work in this field, you should be ashamed of your business practices, it's borderline fraudulent.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Fixed my ping issues after 2 years

Not applicable

"By switching to Telus 50. Ping cut in less than half for every game, no constant packet loss..."  .... that's not being very specific...did you check ping return times to various servers on OOKLA to get an idea of what's going on? So you have no packet loss, and presumably no buffering, and from your comment your watching streaming content... SD... 720HD... or.... ? If your watching streaming video why is ping time important so long as the bandwidth is there and there is no buffering?  Are you using a VPN... encryption switched on or off..?   it makes a difference. Long ping return times can be a problem on VOiP and interactive on-line gaming, but that's about it. Do you have a DNS problem? Try putting in a known DNS address/IP into your computers network settings... fixed and wireless and turn off IPv6 while your at it, A good and well known DNS server is Googles's 8.8.8.8 primary and 8.8.4.4 in secondary and turn off auto DNS .. and if you are gaming be sure to use a fixed LAN cable..    

0 Kudos

Re: Fixed my ping issues after 2 years

allanbay2
Grasshopper

Looks like the OP fixed all his problems by switching to Telus. No need to do all the stuff you mentioned.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help