Is it possible to transfer the saved shows from the old PVR to a new one?

cherylc
Grasshopper

Is it possible to transfer the saved shows from the old PVR to a new one?  I searched the forums and it doesn't appear that you can, but any discussion about that topic is a few years old.  I'm hoping things have changed.

Someone made the following comment in another discussion:

What I've done when I upgraded, was leave the older digital box connected, and just moved all my up coming series recordings to the new box. That way I could still access the older shows on the old box, and any new recordings will be on the new box. Once I caught up on all the old recordings, I removed the old box.

If I can't transfer my saved shows, how can I set up two pvrs?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Re: Is it possible to transfer the saved shows from the old PVR to a new one?

Not applicable

No way to transfer.  You can have multiple PVRs without an issue.

0 Kudos

cherylc
Grasshopper

How do I set up multiple PVR's?  Are there instructions somewhere?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

What is the old and new PVR model?  If the remotes are the same, this can be an issue.

If they use different remotes, all is good.  If they use the same remote, you will need to cover the IR receiver on the PVR not being used.

Otherwise, just plug both of them in using different inputs on your TV.  Probably need a cable splitter on the cable line.

0 Kudos

When a new Shaw PVR is all hooked up, can I use my  old...

Oldcamera
Grasshopper

When a new Shaw PVR is all hooked up, can I use my  old  Shaw PVR (with my recorded movies) with only the HDMI hooked up to TV for playback of said recorded material?

0 Kudos

If your new PVR is a Gateway then you can still use your...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@Oldcamera wrote:

When a new Shaw PVR is all hooked up, can I use my  old  Shaw PVR (with my recorded movies) with only the HDMI hooked up to TV for playback of said recorded material?

If your new PVR is a Gateway then you can still use your old box to watch anything already recorded on it and you can even still record on it. I've got a Gateway system and still have an old 3416 Motorola plugged in. There's about 10 movies from Movie Central ( which tells you how old it is ) on there that my GF swears she will watch some day. I'm not sure about the Bluecurve so hopefully somebody else will have that information for you.

0 Kudos

-- I'm not sure about the Bluecurve, so hopefully somebod...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob -- I'm not sure about the Bluecurve, so hopefully somebody else will have that information for you.

Many times in this forum, @rstra has stated that you will need one Shaw account for the BlueCurve, and another account for any mixture of the older PVRs (Gateway, Pace, Motorola).  The $econd account i$ $eparately charged.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help