As the title says, I've been having issues with Wi-Fi connectivity over the past two weeks since I picked up the Philips Hue White & Colour A19 Starter Kit. I've done loads of research for possible fixes with no positive outcome.
When all set up, I have zero lag or connectivity issues with the bridge & lights. When I start to use my Wi-Fi on my phone, Xbox (for Netflix), laptop, or Sonos speakers, the speed is so slow its almost nonexistent. After a while, the status light on my modem/router goes red and I lose all connectivity to the network. It stays this way indefinitely until I restart the router.
What I've tried:
- Alternating Wi-Fi/ZigBee channels so they don’t cross paths
- Hue Bridge is moved 10ft away from the modem/router, and other electronics
- Called Shaw when the router status goes red, they say its not communicating at all when its like this
- Reset network settings on modem/router & Hue Bridge, reconnected everything just to have it all fail again
- Referenced this article https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/203845040-ZigBee-and-WiFi-Coexistence, and this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comments/5vzi7z/fixing_wifi_interference_also_fixed_my_hue_lag/
- I also don’t think it can be interference from neighbours, I'm in a corner house with neighbours on one side only, in a newer area so there's not many people living here yet
Has anyone with the XB6 had issues with this setup?