Hooking up 4K box to amplifier

Not applicable

Complicated question, so forgive the details. 

First, they gave me a 4K box when I didn't ask for one; the regular bluesky box would have solved my problems, but apparently, they don't have it any more. 

So, second, I have a wireless headphone. It goes through my amp, which is an older one, and doesn't have HDMI ports. Not that these could be used anyway, because the 4K box only has one HDMI out port, so you have to use it for your TV, meaning, nothing for your amp. The headphones have component inputs, but the 4K box doesn't take them. Why? Who knows. Seems like part and parcel with all the other stupid decisions that went into this box, like no clock, no front display, and so forth, but anyway it doesn't. 

It does, however, have a coaxial output, and my amp has a coax in. So does anybody know if I run a coax cable from the box to the amp, and then choose the coax option for the amp output, will that make my headphones work again? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Hooking up 4K box to amplifier

Not applicable

Sure.

4K box output to the amp input using the coax (single RCA cable correct?)

Select the Coax input on your amp, and output to the headphone jack, which is connected to your wireless headphone base.  Also check if it has a Record-Out on your amp, you could connect your headphones to that as well.  The record-out will be better if you control the volume using the headphones.

TALK TO US
We're here to help