Watch while recording on Gateway

docgwhite
Grasshopper

Just got Gateway installed today and am having trouble watching a PVR recording while it is still recording.  Is this feature not available on the Gateway?  Thanks.  G. White

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Watch while recording on Gateway

shaw-tony

Hey docgwhite,

Thank you for reaching out! That is certainly odd as the Shaw Gateway PVR has 6 tuners. You should be able to record up to 5 channels and watch a show that is being recorded. Can you tell me what error message you receive and what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Keep me posted, 

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

docgwhite
Grasshopper

No error message at all.  It just wouldn't play while I was recording it.  And then when I tried to play it back after the recording finished, it wouldn't playback.  

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

hmm, it may have been an issue with that specific recording. Are you able to test right now to see if the same issue persists with recordings/playback on current shows?

0 Kudos

docgwhite
Grasshopper

The recording from last evening will not play (it has a gold color ! by the title as well)  but I started recording the golf just now and could watch it while it was recording.  I also recorded golf from last evening and even though it has a golf color ! by it, I could still watch it today.  It must be a glitch with the recording from last evening?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

it may be that specific recording that is glitched. I'd recommend deleting that and just keep an eye out to see if the issue happens again.

docgwhite
Grasshopper

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Should be no problem..  Can record up to 6 things at once, while watching something.  Don't know how many 'streams' can be active at once though - I haven't tested recording 6 channels while playing back other programs on more than a couple set-top-boxes.

The gold circle with ! means that the Gateway can/will delete the program on it's own when it needs space.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help