bostonbob

Big Changes To TV Plans

Discussion created by bostonbob on Dec 10, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2019 by xviper

Well it looks like SHAW has made some big changes to their TV plans. Not only have the prices gone up ( $ 60/ month for Small TV, $ 80/month for Medium TV and $ 95/month for Large TV ) but now you don't even get to pick your own Theme packs as SHAW has now designated the channels that go into each package: https://www.shaw.ca/uploadedFiles/Ecomm/Television/Plans/Channels-comparison.pdf 

I'm not sure just how complete this list is as I have a few channels that are not listed at all: TMN Encore 1, TMN Encore 2, IFC, WSBK, KTLA and WGN.

I'm hoping that this new setup applies only to new SHAW customers as I definitely want to be able to pick my own Theme Packs. Suddenly I'm very happy that I agreed to a 2-year deal back in May as I not only get to keep my Theme Packs but also only pay $ 53/month ( $ 68/month minus a $ 15 promotion ) for Medium TV. Hopefully all current SHAW customers would be grandfathered in and be able to keep their current Theme Pack package.....if that's what they prefer.

Outcomes