Best 3rd Party Router for Wifi

dereksc
Grasshopper

Hello,

I have a Hitron-2250, and recently had to move modem to main floor of two story house without the option of leaving on second floor anymore.

This created an major issue of wifi on TV's (2nd floor) buffering to much to watch, and wifi slow if not completely dropping out on devices.  (2 Lan connections work awesome)

As i have to leave the modem where it is i need a solution and good wifi on top floor with no interruptions. As for troubleshooting, i have had multiple calls with support, and followed instructions for resetting ect. Still with same issue.

I need a long term solution and maybe a 3rd party wifi router is the answer,  Can i have some options of whats good and easy to use/setup. Im not as worried about price (within reason) as long as i can get good signal throughout house. if problem consists i may have to switch carriers but i do not want to go through that hassle at all.

Thanks in advance for the support

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Best 3rd Party Router for Wifi

Not applicable

The best option is to run a network cable to the middle of the weak/dead zone and put an Access Point there, your devices can choose whichever WiFi signal is best for them and switch between them as they move around your home.

I have some suggestions if you want to go this route..

0 Kudos

dereksc
Grasshopper

how would you go about that? 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

The hardest part is running the cable..

Figure out how much cable you need, buy a pre-made cable the right size, and go for it.

Once you have the cable run, the AccessPoint part is simple.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help