intermittent buzz in audio

Not applicable

In the past week one of the non-HD channels has started giving short buzz noises in the audio. Happens infrequently, only every couple of minutes, for less than a second. But it's annoying when it happens, and can cut into dialog. I'm not aware if it happens on other channels because the TV is tuned mostly to this channel, TCM (ch. 46 in Vancouver).

Are other users getting this digital artifact?

12 Replies

Re: intermittent buzz in audio

shaw-tony

Hey russanc,

Thank you for reaching out! There are several possibilities why you are experiencing audio issues. It may be the coax signal connection to the box is poor or the HDMI cord is faulty. I will recommend trying to reseat the coax cable connections from the wall outlet to the TV box by unplugging them for one minute and to power reset the TV box. Once the TV box comes back on, check to see if there are still buzzing noises from the non-HD channels. If it continues, please try swapping out the HDMI cord for a new one to see if that fixes the issue.

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

Re: intermittent buzz in audio

igmiller1
Grasshopper

I am in Victoria and the same issue is happening on TCM only. I believe this is a network issue as this happened a few years ago and cleared up after a few weeks. Ignore the canned Shaw response that it is a problem with your cabling as they just can't be bothered to properly investigate these issues. Its not a Shaw issue but a TCM issue in my opinion. What Shaw should do is PROPERLY investigate these reception issues and pass on the correct information to their customers. This would avoid a lot of frustration . By the way  since I noticed this buzzing sound I have power cycled 4 times and it makes no difference at all.

Buzzing occurring today, May 16 on HD channel ABC 111, it...

Daveoiam
Grasshopper

Buzzing occurring today, May 16 on HD channel ABC 111, it also has occurred on PBS channel.  It is so annoying and has been going on for 10 days now.  This should be addressed by Shaw.   

0 Kudos

> This should be addressed by Shaw.  Yes, by contacting S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> This should be addressed by Shaw. 

Yes, by contacting Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to report the day/time/timezone/channel(s) when it has occurred.

0 Kudos

All clear here, no buzzing on either channel.

rstra
Grand Master

All clear here, no buzzing on either channel.

0 Kudos

I too have this problem but only on KSPS PBS. In the last...

Leo1953
Grasshopper

I too have this problem but only on KSPS PBS. In the last five minutes I've tried 5 different HDMI cables each with no success trying to watch "Still Open All Hours". I've switched to TCM and nothing in the time writing this. If KSPS PBS wasn't my favourite channel I could care less on other channels. I live in Westmount area Edmonton.

We have noticed this especially on KSPS both HD and stand...

SWJ
Grasshopper

We have noticed this especially on KSPS both HD and standard.

It happens a lot on this channel, but also on some others.

I will try this suggestion and see.

0 Kudos

Which cable box do you have?

rstra
Grand Master

Which cable box do you have? 

0 Kudos

Yes we have this as well KSPS is really bad and so are se...

Bruce_R
Grasshopper

Yes we have this as well KSPS is really bad and so are several other US cable channels - surprisingly no Canadian channels.  We have several TVs and they all do the same thing and it all started at the same time.  This has gone on for maybe a month.  We have done the disconnect, re boot, re cycle.  No impact.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help