Playback problem with CBC Network recordings on BlueSky

tracyh
Grasshopper

Playback of CBC Network recordings works fine at 1x speed. Fast forwarding at 2x also works, but when increasing to 3x or higher it spasmodically jumps forward and/or crashes.  Rewinding crashes the recording every time, wherein the playback is closed and an error message pops up asking if I want to record the next occurrence of the program. This has been going on for 2 weeks now and only affects recordings on CBC Network. Is there a solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: Playback problem with CBC Network recordings on BlueSky

shaw-tamara

Hi  

That's very odd! I just tried this out with a test recording on our BlueSky box here at the office and wasn't able to replicate the same issue. Are you noticing this on all shows on CBC Network or one in particular? Have you done any troubleshooting so far? If so, what steps have you tried?

0 Kudos

tracyh
Grasshopper

The only show I record on CBC Network is The National and it happens for every recording. I haven't tried any troubleshooting yet - thought I would see if this was a known issue before calling technical support.

0 Kudos

srosin1
Grasshopper

I just wanted to add that I am having this exact problem with CBC Newsworld HD.  This doesn't seem to be happening with the main CBC channel, but the news channel is always having this problem and the only way to advance on a recording is to use the 5 min skip ahead button and then use the short jump back button to get where you want to go.  It's a real pain to have to do this.  This is the only channel where I've had this issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help