Hitron WiFi performance?

canucks4life
Grasshopper

So I'm finally in the process of switching over from team green to blue...just curious should I be looking right away at purchasing a better wireless router? Also my understanding is the USB ports for media on Hitron router are disabled?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Hitron WiFi performance?

Not applicable

Hitron is fine, but Hitron (and other routers) should be hard-set to channels 1,6, or 11, which are standard for North America. There are free WiFi analyzer programs out there to determine the best channel or you could just experiment for best performance. 

If left on auto-select Hitron seems to invariably choose the wrong channel (wrong = anything other than 1,6, or 11) causing overlap between channels,  i.e. interference instead of sharing the channel.

0 Kudos

Re: Hitron WiFi performance?

shaw-tony

Hey canucks4life,

Happy to hear you join our team! The USB port for media on the Hitron modem is indeed disabled. I've personally had the Hitron modem / now the XB6 modem, and haven't had any issues with the WiFi performance. As long as the modem is in the most central location with the least interference you should be fine. You can find more details on how to optimize your WiFi experience here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

InternetJUSTIN
Grasshopper

Log into your Horton 2250, click into the administration section. Hopefully it'll work for you, just copy and paste this link.

http://192.168.0.1/index.htm#admin_usb/m/4/s/6

You'll notice that the admin_usb was the first change, and then changing the last number to six was the last change to do. 

It doesn't exactly follow the normal numerical order of going up by one number, but number six this can give this ball with the USBs are. 

https://pixeldrain.com/u/iGZVq2j5

Good luck!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help