To ShawSupport Only

Not applicable

Why was my username "wfauconnier" not used instead of my full name in the last message?  How can I change my username to something even less identifiable to protect my privacy?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: To ShawSupport Only

shaw-tony

Hey wfauconnier,

Thank you for reaching out. You don't need to worry as all users will see your username. When you are posting as yourself, you will see your own name (based on your profile settings). Let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod. 

0 Kudos

We recently upgraded to Internet 300 and Total TV.  I was...

wyomaf
Grasshopper

We recently upgraded to Internet 300 and Total TV.  I was given a Hitron cgnm-2250 modem/router (which I like) instead of the BlueCurve gateway to replace the my old Motorola modem to which I have my third party router connected with port forwarding set up for my wired cameras (to allow remote access.). Could I designate one of the new Hitron private ports to pass-through and connect to the up-link port of my third party router and still use the Hitron's wifi to connect to feed my TV streaming boxes (also from Shaw). I understand that to do this I would need a second public address (that I hear is free) from Shaw which would be issued and passed through to the third party router. Is this correct?  If so, please give me the procedure to acquire the second address, and any other advice on setup would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

You can get in touch with our technical support team here...

shaw-valerie

@wyomaf You can get in touch with our technical support team here and they'd be able to activate a second IP address for you, and the steps to enable IP passthrough on your Hitron modem can be found here

If you are looking to change to the BlueCurve TV wireless boxes in the future, those do require a BlueCurve gateway rather than the Hitron modem. All other models of cable box would operate independently of your internet modem. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help